Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GL 450
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I recently purchased a 2011 GL 450 with 90,000 miles. I've heard about the maintenance and upkeep Mercedes require but I haven't owned one before and I'm trying to get an understanding of the future maintenance costs I should be expecting and how I should treat the car as the miles add up. I wanted to get some information from people who have owned MBs before so I can get pointers on what to expect in terms of how much the 2011 GL 450 will cost me to drive and maintain.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
1997 SL500 Sport pano triple black 2010 R350 - sold 2014 E350 - sold
89 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Having owned several MB’s I can say that doing all recommended servicing is important to keeping the vehicle in top shape. But certain models have certain quirks and repair costs can get pricey. If your not one to do your own diagnostics and repairs, find a local Indy that specializes in MB’s.
And get to know your local MB dealership’s service manager and parts manager. They can be a wealth of information for you.

·
Registered
2011 GL 450
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got Service E(A?) done about a week ago, and got introduced to one of the Service Managers. Is there any resource I can refer to for my specific model? I'm coming from Honda so I haven't needed to find a local trustable mechanic, and am not sure how to proceed there. (Atlanta Metropolitan Area).

·
Administrator
1993 SL500, 1998 SL500 Pano Top, 2005 ML270Cdi.
947 Posts
Thank You! that thread is useful. Do you have any tips on how do find a good local Indy/Mechanic in my area?
I don't know where your location is.
Take a minute to complete your profile which should include the year and model of your Mercedes and your location.
If you have any problems completing your profile, message me the details and I can add them to your profile. (y)

·
Super Moderator
1997 SL500 Sport pano triple black 2010 R350 - sold 2014 E350 - sold
89 Posts
I actually found my local Indy through the local MB service manager! They have a great respect for each other. Wouldn’t hurt to ask them. Also, look through these posts: Recommended Repair Shops

·
Registered
2011 GL 450
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't know where your location is.
Take a minute to complete your profile which should include the year and model of your Mercedes and your location.
If you have any problems completing your profile, message me the details and I can add them to your profile. (y)
Ah yeah, sorry. I'm from the Atlanta GA metropolitan area. Thanks for the info!.

I actually found my local Indy through the local MB service manager! They have a great respect for each other. Wouldn’t hurt to ask them. Also, look through these posts: Recommended Repair Shops
Thanks for the advice! That's a super useful resource!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts