Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, even though I was supposed to wait until Tuesday to buy my 300SD, I could not wait until then. I ended up going yesterday to pick it up. I am extremely excited to have this car. I am having some trouble though... For some reason I cannot get the trunk to open! I had it open at the dealer, and then when I test drove it, I could not open it. When I returned to the dealership I tried again and opened it with no problem again :?: Is there some trick maybe with the vacuum locks? I know that when it is locked the keyhole is vertical and when you turn it counter-clockwise to horizontal, you can remove the key. When I got it to open I had to turn it past that and then push and rotate clockwise, but that doesn't seem to work now. Any ideas?
Other than that I am extremely happy to own this car! I never thought I would be so proud of a 22 year old car!

·
Registered
172 Posts
There is a valet key, not sure if you have 2 keys on your chain.

Are you using a key when you try to open it? If so and it is not the problem above (using valet key mistakenely), I have no idea.

If you are not using a key during the unsuccessful attempts:

Try turning the trunk lock cylinder with the key a quarter turn or half turn and then remove the key. Now unlock the driver side front door and see if the trunk also unlocks.

When everything is functioning properly, it will not always be the case that unlocking the driver door simultaneously unlocks the trunk. (You can turn the trunk lock cylinder a quarter or half turn, I think it is a half turn, to alter the setting.)

Assuming that you are using the proper key, the trunk should always open when using the key in the trunk lock cylinder. Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts