Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 ML430. The engine will start cold but will not restart when hot. Did a bunch of reading and sounds like the problem may be the crank position sensor (CPS). Is this an easy replacement? Where exactly is the sensor located? I am decent at DIY repairs and hope to replace myself just unsure how comlicated the process is and where the sensor is located. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Crank sensor is on the trans bell housing on the driver's side of the vehicle. You can reach it from the top, but it is a bit tight. Should take about a half hour.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HEY.. JUST GOT IT REPLACED ON MY S CLASS.. THAT IS THE RIGHT LOCATION. . REAL PAIN IN THE ASS TO GET SCREW OUT YOU'LL NEED THE RIGHT WRENCH..!! ONCE YOU GET IT OUT IS DONE ,, IN AND OUT.. INSTANT FIX..!1 I PAY $ 92 ,, LIST PRICE WAS $ 114 I GOT A LITTLE DISCOUNT FOR MY BOY'S DEALER..!! GOOD LUCK, ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE..!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
check engine light

I,m a junior member. I have 2001 ml320 with 85,000miles. My check engine stays on. fault codes are: po170 fuel trim malfunction( Bank1)
po173 fuel trim malfunction( bank2) my mechanic want to replace 02 sensors and I,m reading here mass airflow. dont know what to do. I will apreciate any suggestion please.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts