Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1994 E320, ive put alot in to it since I bought it, cause I think its worth it we really enjoy it. All that said I took it to my mechanic to some other things, and asked him to look at the cruise control, he called said every thing else was done, but did not see any thing obvious with the cruise and he would have to charge me to trouble shoot, I told him go ahead. After 2 weeks he said he could not find any thing, all the switchs where good the only next step he had was a computer for about $1000 but was not confident that would fix it and would rather not, at least he did not charge me for trouble shooting. Any body have any ideas that are common problems, I do have elect back ground.

·
Registered
77 Posts
On an old car like that, the problem may certainly be related with the sensors on the wheels hubs; as rust affects these parts and cruise controle lectures, changing the hubs is sometimes the only solution.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 1994 E320, ive put alot in to it since I bought it, cause I think its worth it we really enjoy it. All that said I took it to my mechanic to some other things, and asked him to look at the cruise control, he called said every thing else was done, but did not see any thing obvious with the cruise and he would have to charge me to trouble shoot, I told him go ahead. After 2 weeks he said he could not find any thing, all the switchs where good the only next step he had was a computer for about $1000 but was not confident that would fix it and would rather not, at least he did not charge me for trouble shooting. Any body have any ideas that are common problems, I do have elect back ground.
Check on line rblt units available a lot less

·
Registered
113 Posts
I believe that the '94 is new enough to be plugged into a MB diagnostic computer. Why don't you take it to the dealer and ask them for a diagnosis? It will probably cost you for one or two of their very expensive hours, but at least you will get an answer.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I believe that the '94 is new enough to be plugged into a MB diagnostic computer. Why don't you take it to the dealer and ask them for a diagnosis? It will probably cost you for one or two of their very expensive hours, but at least you will get an answer.
If the problem is related to the hub (with rust), there will be no code when plugged on MB diagnostic computer. I know that particular problem as I had it on my car...

·
Registered
2 Posts
300e 124 stalling when slowing or stopped....
I have been having problems with idle, stalling at traffic lights when arriving or pulling away. Last week wouldn’t start so replaced fuel injection relay, seems better but the stall issue has not been eliminated. Now they are talking “ valve guides” to address the problem. The mechanic is the second to work on it 2 months and I have been playing off what one says against the other ( two different workshops), combined with what I can find myself on line. Seems to be that some workshops are under the impression MB drivers have more money that a bull could s**t, certainly not in my case. I’ve been bled $AUD5000 since December 08 on a series of problems needing attention. Does anyone have a suggestion for the stall issue, by the way I have some fouling in the plugs after 3~ 4 weeks running. Thanks to all in advance for any feedback.
ps. I do enjoy this car, just not the crap that comes with the repair sharks (be warned, that includes the authorised service agents too !)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts