Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I was driving home from work... had the cruise control on (at 55 mph) and it just stopped and I was slowing down. Then I thought maybe I inadvertantly bumped the brake or something.. so I re-set it .. again.. same thing. All-in-all.. three times.. anyone else experience this?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Had the same problem in my last car ('87 300TD). Turned out to be a bad cruise switch in the level.

Pushing the level forward (toward the dash) cancels the cruise. Try putting a little rearward pressure (holding it slightly toward the wheel), and see if it stays engaged.

·
Registered
34 Posts
While we're talking about the cruise, I must say this is probably the finest cruise control I've ever used. Okay, so I've not tried the Distronic, but the smoothness of the unit during accel/decel, the preciseness when setting -- heck, even its ability to allow me to shift gears without dropping out of warp -- Wow!

I'm impressed. This ain't no American "close enough" cruise control!

Aaron

·
Registered
17 Posts
you know honestly....i think the toyota/lexus cruise is the best. the mb cruise stalk is just in an akward place for me. i feel like i gotta reach to get to it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good point. While technically, it's a superior piece of engineering, ergonomically, it does leave a bit to be desired.

Perhaps it should be programmed as another computer screen, or integrated into the current digital speed readout. There's enough controls on the wheel to be able to manage it. That would make for a very trick cruise!

Aaron

1 - 6 of 6 Posts