Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 C230K with a new long block that was installed by a local MB dealer. when I travel on the highway the car will go as fast as it is capable of doing. However when I go into passing gear for quick accelaration the engine bogs down like if cant get enough power or fuel and deaccelarates. Do I just have a lemon?? Or did the dealer miss something in the reinstall?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Engine may not have adapted yet. How many miles since the reman went in? MB reman or otherwise? Mileage on trans, replacement history? Typical driving style? Happens eveytime or intermittently? Did it exhibit this behavior ever on the original engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just under 10,000 mile due for service in700 miles. 91,500 on the car itself I believe it is the orininal transmission. my wife normally drives the car mostly around town. it did not do this with the prior engine. this was the first time I had occasion to use the passing gear,but it did it every time I tried it.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
If your wife drives it normally the trans may have adapted to a less aggressive driving style. I would say drive it like you stole it for a week. If it doesn't seem better by then take it in. You'll need to have the adaptation values on the engine and trans looked at as well as a test drive (preferrabley with you and the shop foreman) to verify that a condition exists.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts