Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, any help is appreciated, the battery on the E320 is dead and I jumped it as stated in the manual. Then I dorve the car around an empty parking lot for about 15 minutes. Parked the car and the car won't even lock the doors!! It's like the batter doesn't even have the battery to turn on the radio.

Could anyone tell me if the battery is dead? It's just a year old. Can I replace the battery myself? I can't even see the battery, where is it in the trunk? Can I take it out and put it on a charger and put it back?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Andrew

·
Registered
3 Posts
If the battery is just a year old and it's MB brand, I do believe there is a 2 year warranty on MB batteries, talk to dealership, if so just replace it if you can. If not I would try charging it.
The battery is located under the rear seat. Open both rear doors. There are locking tabs at each front corner of the rear seat, just lift up on them.
The seat will slid forward and up. You can now move the rear seat enough to access the battery on the right side of the car under the padding.
To remove the battery, along with the battery terminals, there will be a 13mm bolt for the hold down plate, remove that. Also there will be a vent tube on the left side of the battery just pull that out. Now the whole battery has to slid backward a bit to be removed.
I recommend removing the battery complete before charging it, though it is not completely nessesary. :?
Just remember to reinstall the vent tube when putting the battery back in.
The rear seat may be alittle tricky when putting that back in. Make sure the padding is flat even in rear corners, you'll see a metal stud in each rear corner that the rear seat slids back into. Make sure you get them lined up, and also the seat belts. Then when all is good. just kneel down on each front corner of rear seat to lock tabs back in place.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts