Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1987 190d

one of my fuel lines spurts out fuel at the spot where the line enters the cylinder. I loosened the line at the cylinder and it seems to me that the tip of the line is not removeable. Is there a gasket or something that sits into the part that tightens the line into the cylinder?

Do I need a whole new line?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Is the source of the leak where the metal line connects to the diesel injector? Make sure the leak is not coming from one of the fabric covered rubber return lines off the injector. The return lines over time will leak with age. I don't think the metal line that connects to the top of the injector has any gasket or seal. There is a seal at the point where the injector goes into the engine. Confirm the location of the leak. If it is indeed coming from the metal supply line to the injector and will not stop when you tighten it up you may have to replace the line itself or the injector. You need to determine if the leak is being caused by a problem with the line or the injector. I have seen the metal lines crack before due to age and vibration.

·
Banned
54 Posts
I have had the same problem. Mine turned out to be the injector itself. If everything else is fine then pull the injectors and take em to a shop for pressure testing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts