Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh you know, I'm doing what everyone with a perfect running engine in a twenty two year old car with 236k miles on it does...you know, the one where I replace it with a perfect running engine from a ten year old car with 79k on it. It's all perfectly logical...once you've pounded down a few Diazapam's and vodka. Otherwise it's clearly just a cry for help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same car except 1991 with 274k miles i don't need diazapam n vodka to know how you feel man as my pain is greater with a 300 diesel with no turbo, im watching your project to see how it goes or rather to see if my wallet agrees with the conversion.

·
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sheesh, I'm forced to prime the pump again...

Here's my old '84 300D. I picked it up for $800. I got it so cheap 'cause the transmission was slipping due to a significant leak in one of the cooling lines that ran alongside the engine. It chafed through, but once patched the tranny operated perfectly and it and the rest of the car provided very reliable service for years afterward.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Sheesh, I'm forced to prime the pump again...

Here's my old '84 300D. I picked it up for $800. I got it so cheap 'cause the transmission was slipping due to a significant leak in one of the cooling lines that ran alongside the engine. It chafed through, but once patched the tranny operated perfectly and it and the rest of the car provided very reliable service for years afterward.
Your picture is awesome. Not every day you see a benz with a canon on top.

G

·
0 Posts
I am glad to catch idea from your article. It has information I have been searching for a long time. This looks absolutely perfect. All these tinny details are made with lot of background knowledge. I like it a lot.

Keep on taking action!

EDIT: Advertising signature link removed

·
Registered
9 Posts
my new daily driver 1984 300D, 250K miles, much is still original - I took off one of the door panels the other day and the plastic was still glued in place! engine great, but small annoying things that happen at age 30... no lights in instrument/cc panels, sunroof needs overhaul, needed to replace many console pieces etc. I'm having a grand time repairing all these cosmetic surgery things that I've never bothered with with other cars. this is the car that I refuse to accept duct tape on the sunroof! I refuse to just keep a flashlight in the center console so I can check my speed at night! I will get the damned vacuum locks to work!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts