Benz Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A member posted this from another forum. Anybody have any insight of what is happing or maybe any problems that can happen from doing this:

New code?
My uncle picked this up from MBforum...and it seems to work on our car as well as his E.

If you turn the car on, and at any time, hold the ESP button down for 8-10 seconds, something happens. You push it to turn it off, but hold it down. The light stays on, then turns back off as if ESP was back on again. Now though, you get a better throttle response and quicker acceleration. A free power boost, perhaps?

Can someone investigate please? I've tried it on my car, and it 'does' feel faster...

·
Registered
36 Posts
This is interesting. I cannot comment on the 'code' or acceleration issues, but do recall reading a review of C class autos several weeks ago.... the reviewer/test-driver commented that he felt more in control with the switch disabled. It is a winter wonder land here, or I'd be up for testing this now...... surely one of you fair-weather guys must need to drag yourself away from the in-laws over this holiday weekend. Give it a spin!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are actually three so called ESP Modes...ON, OFF, and this recent discovery OFF with the 8-10sec rule... The last mode is what I am interested in ....Any thoughts?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Performance

On a C230 the ESP is either on or off.
The car has a much better "performance" with the ESP on.
However the performance is just an impression.
In fact your car has a better traction and you have the feeling that the car has a better performance. It is just a traction matter.
Maybe your oncle has a problem with his car.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
CMoriart said:
There are actually three so called ESP Modes...ON, OFF, and this recent discovery OFF with the 8-10sec rule... The last mode is what I am interested in ....Any thoughts?
There are actually four, you forgot Dyno mode which turns off ESP, BAS, ASR and traction control. This new hold the button for 8 to 10 seconds doesn't do anything at all if the engine is warm. If it is cold, holding the ESP button until the lighted triangle goes out does something weird. It causes the throttle to become non-linear. The first of of the pedal travel yield very little increase in engine rpms. The second have of the throttle movement cause the throttle to open very rapidly. I see no use for this at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts