Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have approximately the same price (on a lease) being quoted for a sedan with sunroof and cd changer. While the 240 is a v6, I preferred the sport suspension and mileage on the 230, plus the new 6 speed is appealing, although I haven't driven it yet.
So.... any comments appreciated.

also, I can get a c320 sport version with a 6 speed stick. I drove it but the shifting was awkward, somewhat truck like. The dash layout was not as nice, but I could live with it, and there are a few other upgrades that are nice, but I am not sure about the shifter. (I may be to used to my 5 speed miata). Any thoughts here appreciated as well.

PS, hard to believe but manual transmissions in southern california are rare.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I take it that the C240 and the C230k are 2005's and the C320 is a 2004. If the prices are similar, it is a had choice between the C230k and the C320. I wouldn't consider the C240. I'm used to how the old tranny shifts, so I think I would buy the C320.

But, you should drive all three back to back to back over tha same roads and then decide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

Why wouldn't you consider the C240 ? Is it the engine? or lack of stick option?

I don't want to be stuck with a car that's cumbersome to shift, if another option (an 05 model). Dealer is searching for one. I do need to drive one however for comparison, and will.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Unless the C230 has something you really want, I'd choose the C320. You still get the sedan, plus V6 power, and handling from the sport suspension.

The only downside is, obviously, reduced gas mileage due to the larger engine. The manual transmission will loosen up in time. Plus, the 2004 still comes with free scheduled maintenance. Between the C230 and C320, the C240 simply can't compete. Keep us posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts