Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I post this here because it's a mercedes-benz forum.
I saw this watch which is supposed to be a mercedes SLR watch :

Does anyone has ever heard of it? I'm asking this because if a huge fan of the five star brand and I think this watch looks good but I'm not to sure it does look like mercedes.

Thanks for your replies!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So, nobody has got a opinion on mercedes watches? Is the quality just as good the one of the cars?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ozma,
I puchased an MB watch from my dealer about 1 1/2 years ago. It is made by Tourneau (Swiss) and sold for approximately 150 USD. The quality is very nice and I haven't had a moments trouble with it. It's one of my favorites actually.

However, these watches usually have a theaded/o-ring sealed back (a la diving watch) and require the battery to be changed in a pressurized chamber to insure proper water resistance. And no, you don't have to be a diver to test this. A simple shower will do it, I know from experience. A respectable watch maker or Jeweler will have said chamber.

Such service typically costs 35.00 - 50.00 USD.

Regards,
Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply Brian.

I guess you're right a watch like this needs to be serviced once in a while.

After further investigation, the watch from the picture is made by TAG Heuer.
I guess quality should be therefore good but I still don't have a clue how much does it retail for (IMHO it should be more than 150 usd)

·
Registered
2 Posts
You're welcome,

I have a TAG as well. It's the one that was nearly destroyed due to improper servicing. I got it opened soon enough and dried out so it still works flawlessly to this day.

I've never seen the watch you've asked about but if it is a TAG I would mind having one myself.

Agree, much more than 150 USD...

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts