Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the actuator on my driver side door is broken
i bought the part from MB $200can
i need to know how to take the door panel off to replace the part, it is the whole locking mechanism
where are the clips that hold the door together? or should i just pay the $200 installation charge?
its a 2003 c230 sc

·
Registered
20 Posts
See my post: "How do I remove/replace speaker grills on door?" and the corresponding replies.

·
Registered
14 Posts
if its the whole latch assy you would be better off paying the dealer for installation. its a major pain. as far as the door panel removal that extremely simple. remove the trim on the door handle you shut the door with. there are two screws behind that and the other screw is just behind the srs lable just pop that off. then by the door latch just take that little screw that holds the trim piece. get a little wedge and insert it between the door panel and the door and move it along till you feel the clips then pry off. do that all the way around getting all the clips loose the when the panel is free just lift up and it will pop off. sometimes they are a pain and you will have to pull up on it pretty hard

1 - 3 of 3 Posts