Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I picked up my car last tuesday, and lets say wow.
I have winter perrelli tires, and for the first time in as long as I can remember I am excited about driving in the winter. Starting the next day after I picked up my car it has snowed and snowed, melted, froze, and snowed again....OUCH
Well the ESP light comes on alot,....I think that might be a under statement.....
This is my 6th new car in 10 years..... this is the order of cars I have had.
1) 92 Geo Storm GSI
2) 95 Jeep Cherokee
3) 96 Jeep YJ
4) 98 Acura TL
5) 2000 Mustang convertable
6) 2003 C230 coupe. (black, heated seats, cd, moon roof, evolution, manual)

Out of all those cars I must say this is the safest I have ever felt. The roads are easy to handle and in many cases the corners I could not even turn on when icey, I handle with ease thanks to my 2 new freinds....
ESP and winter tires....

So if anybody reads this and is wondering to buy this car........

BUY IT NOW.....

as you can tell I have a little experience in new cars...and for the first time I may have to keep a car longer then 2 years...hell where do I go from here? E-class..... S-class...........one step at a time.....

Peace and happy safe driving :D :D :D :D

PS thanks again to John Sweeny JR at LONESTAR for listening and hooking me up...peace

·
Registered
2 Posts
Winter tires info?

Hi Canadian Steve,
Glad to hear you're enjoying the car in winter conditions - it's reassuring.

I'm planning on getting my C230 by early summer, and want to be ready for next winter, as I do a lot of snow driving (fun! :p) in the Barrie/Georgian Bay area (north of Toronto).

Did you get your snow tires through the MB dealer, or did you get them separately? Any recommendations?

Thx,
H

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got them from the dealer.
They are perelli tires on the evelution package 17" rims.
They through them in with the deal.....awsome....would of cost over 1200 for them normally....sweet deal....now I have winter and summer....
get the winter dont get all season or cheap winters....it is great

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
WINTER DRIVING

i have a 2002 six speed with michellin pilot tires and it is awfull on the road in winter.. it cannot even navigate small inclines in the snow.. i have to turn the esp off and let the wheels spin until it melts the snow so the tires can bite the asphalt and i can move.. but it is putting tremendous burden on the engine and the tires... i now have uneven tire wear on the rear and several times my engine hit red line on first gear.. i now bring a shovel in the car to clear the snow but sometimes i still get stuck even with just a little snow on the ground.. i dont know if winter tires will solve the problem...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the perelli winter tires makes all the diffrence in the world.
Good winter tires make all the diffrence. I can take off with pure ice even with the esp system on with no problems.

I give it a high performance rating. I recomend the perelli snow tires.
Awsome :D

Remeber that tires are the most imortant thing when it comes to driving. The car and all the high tech systems in the world will never subsitute great tires.......spend the extra cash and it will make the world of diffrence

I know I tried it with all the tires it came with and I had the same problems as you did......

Winter= winter tires......trust me
And dont get the cheap winter tires, it will cost around $1200 can for good tires but good winter tires = great traction.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts