Benz Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New user to forum here, I have an E200 Smoke Silver 1994, UK Spec... I read in the owners hand book that the outside temperature should show on the small display at the bottom of the instrument cluster.

My don't, in fact it is blank, no digits just a grey blank oblong! .. Did the E200 have this option omitted, or does anyone think that it simply is broken, and if so how do I go about fixing it please...?

Happy 2004 to you all..........:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am new here too. Hi there.

From what I have read, it is VERY common for this to stop working. A fix is something like $300 USD, and there is no guarantee it will not go out on you again. But....make sure it is bad, and just not getting power somehow. I imagine the dealer would just call it broken without actually testing, knowing that whatever the problem is, they will fix it when they get in there.

What was suggested is that it is cheaper and better to go with an auto darkening rear view mirror that includes a thermometer built in.

Personally, I do not know what I would do. I love the fact that EVERYTHING on my 300TE is working fine. If my thermometer went down, I would be hard pressed to spend that kind of money fixing it, but it would also bug me that it is the one thing on my car that does NOT work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts