Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would appreciate any help on this.

I cannot make my driver car seat go back far enough. It would go forward, fine, and then go back only up to a position around mid-way. I happen to have in memory a farther position. If I push on the memory button, the seat would go further back to that memorized position. But I cannot make it go there with the seat position switch.

Help!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Sounds like the seat switch is the problem. You can attempt to take the switch apart, clean it, and put it back together again. Often the contacts get dirty and prevent it from working properly. If you take it apart be careful not to lose any of the steel balls or springs. If you prefer, you can simply purchase a replacement switch. It is a easy job to replace the switch.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
the seat is oput of synchronization. push it all the way forward (you probably shouldn't be sitting in it at the time) and hold the button for 5 seconds after it reaches the end of its travel. now push it backwards and hold the button for 5 seconds when it stops. should be back to normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Phaedrus,

It worked! I am amazed by the amount of knowledge in this forum. Thanks so much for your help! -- I can relax my legs now :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem only the other way around. My 05 E320 CDI won't go forward enough. And never mind the memory seat feature,which can only be set for so much. I'd be happy just to get it to move far enough forward. I'll do the above procedure in reverse first, then try the switch fix. If both don't work, are there any other ideas I can try?

Thanks, and I'd let you know about my progress.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts