Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a 2003/04 E320 or E500 4matic with some feedback? I have one on the boat, and want to be sure I should make the purchase.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
great cars, not a big fan of the 4matic system. obviously the extra weight detracts somewhat from the overall performance, and it throws off the weight balance of the vehicle making it handle in a less neutral fashion. all wheel drive is more of a marketing fad in my humble opinion, as the esp systems equipped now are so intrusive that it would take a torrential ice storm to keep you from getting where you need to go. if you live in a mountainous region, 4matic may be the ticket. the 211 cars are great (had one as a demo for awhile), i'd definately recommend driving both the 4matic and rwd models back to back to gauge whether the percieved security of an all wheel drive system outweighs the handling/road feel benefits of rwd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I received my '04 e500 4matic in January, and absolutely love the car. I had the radio static problem after about 1 week, which the dealer replaced very quickly. They came and picked my car up (50 miles) and left me with a c240
4matic loaner. Overall, the car has been great in ustate NY weather, even with the stock Conti tires. Mileage has been fair, 18-20 all around. Navigation system (dvd) is much better than the one I have in my '03 clk430a, but still not as good as the ones in a Lexus. Incredible power; it was tough laying off the accelerator for the first thousand miles, though I'm sure the engine will be better off because of it. Active seats are awesome. My car didn't come with the active cornering lights as promised; I've written to MB directly on this. I am very pleased with this automobile, and would highly recommend it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts