Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No doubt MBZ quality is going down and is no match for Lexus quality and reliability.
I have 2001 E320 white with only with 26,000 miles on it. It handles good and gets excellent gas mileage about 30 miles to a gallon on high way. I love the car for now.
I hear so many bad stories about MBZ overall that I am beginning to regret that I bought it. Shall I get rid of it now before it is too late?

Raymond

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I may be the wrong person to ask, as I jumped ship on my last MB in December (hypocrite), but the 210's are fairly reliable cars. I wouldn't own one for any reason without the protection of a good extended warranty, but they are really satisfying automobiles to drive and are expectionally well styled. All cars break, regardless what dealer hand-holding and survey cheating (Lexus) dealers would have us believe. If they didn't break, they wouldn't need a warranty. Drive what you love. The japanese cars certainly do not have the soul of the Germans.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also bear in mind that MB manufactures several million cars each year and that what you hear on these forums is from a *very* few owners. While there's no question that MB has had their hands full recently, don't believe for a minute that they're the only ones. Have you been following the Acura TL woes?

I drove SAAB's for 23 years and they were extremely expensive to service. However, once you spent the money on service, it was like driving away in a new car - they never failed to satisfy. The Japanese cars that I've owned were excellent appliances, but like my refrigerator, did not inspire my loyalty or passion...

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
5 Posts
i drive a 2001 e320 with 95,000 i brought when it had 52,000 as a certifield car. no problems with my car. just keep it well maintanced and you shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
16 Posts
2006 E320 CDI, purchased as CPO (certified) w/6 Kmi; now 105 Kmi. Command module crapped out. Replaced under warranty. Suspect cause was inexperienced mech playing w/electronics as diagnostic connector needed a re-do. Later, the tranny electronics failed - again, dealer replaced under 'shared' agreement. These later models are heavily electronic-driven. Anyway, other than cited problems, car has been a faithful ride. Btw: The E series is the best selling model in US.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts