Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my engine light came on. Various warning lights come on whenever temps are near zero (I live in OH), so I wasn't immediately too concerned.

Anyway I had my wrench check out the code and it mentions the EGR valve. He tested pressure and sure enough it isn't working.

I have checked around and the price for these little buggers are pretty steap...like $400+. 8O

I've read the EGR valve is emissions related and perhaps for a diesel not necessary. Any recommendations regarding the EGR valve? I've read some postings but none relating to this cars model year.

Is replacement a "weekend mechanic" project...ie., easy to do?

Thanks!
-Edgar

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

I had my wrench clear the code and test the valve. He noted some "sticking" issues with the value and that was about it.

Anyway, its been several weeks now and the light hasn't come on and the car runs just fine.

Still looking for replies to my previous post...so if anyone know about this valve, I'd appreciate knowing. My luck won't last forever. :)

-EA

·
Registered
4 Posts
The EGR is an electronic part so I suggest you consult a mechanic or someone who's experienced regarding this issues.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts