Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a problem with my 2001 C320 where all the electrical things (door lock, window, mirror, seat) don't work on the passenger side only. Anyone know what might be the problem? Could it be one of the fuse is burned out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The vehicle does not have any body damage. Where do I go to check for a loose, damaged or corroded body ground point?

One thing I forgot to point out is that if the car is warmed up or something, then the electrical things on the passenger side sometimes work. When the car cools down, then it doesn't work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Without a factory shop manual, I am unable to state the ground point location. It will be behind trim or carpeting, assuming it is within the passenger compartment.

But, this theory may be tested by adding a supplemental ground to one of the affected devices. For example, locate the ground wire from the seat, window, mirror or door lock controller. Then add a solid ground connection to that point and see if it corrects the problem.

Otherwise, download the wiring diagram, at: http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/ by subscribing for a day for $18. This will have the ground point locations and show the paths common to the affected circuits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts