Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 MB 300DT 1985. With both I need suggestion from a MB electrical "expert": On one (125,000miles ) the battery died at the beginning of winter. I replaced it but when I went to start the car the glow plug light inside did not come on and the car could not start. SUGGESTIONS?? Where should I start looking??

The second car (66,000miles) has developed a problem with the heating system: The heat does not come on most of the time. I have changed the climate control unit, but this has not solved the problem. If when the engine is warm I turn the engine off and restart it the heat will come on, but if I attempt to adjust the temperature by turning the thermostat wheel, if the heat goes off it will not come on again. Enybody has any idea about what might be going on??

Thank you very much and Happy New year to all

Bill

·
Registered
584 Posts
1st car: Since you got a new battery, you might want to check the fuse in the "overload relay" I'm not sure where it is in your car, but it looks like this:

http://img.eautopartscatalog.com/live/P205618124.JPG

Also check for corrosion at each glow plug (since it sounds as the the car has been sitting. If two glow plugs fail, I believe that may cause a failure of the glow system.

In the second car, I would check the "mono valve". Out sponsor sells a repair kit for it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cracker928 said:
1st car: Since you got a new battery, you might want to check the fuse in the "overload relay" I'm not sure where it is in your car, but it looks like this:

http://img.eautopartscatalog.com/live/P205618124.JPG

Also check for corrosion at each glow plug (since it sounds as the the car has been sitting. If two glow plugs fail, I believe that may cause a failure of the glow system.

In the second car, I would check the "mono valve". Out sponsor sells a repair kit for it.
Hi cracker928: Thank you for the suggestions. Do you know where in the car I should be looking for the "mono valve"??

I apologize for replying so late, but I had not received any notification that anybody had posted a reply to my questions.

Thank you again,

Bill de Rosa

·
Registered
584 Posts
Follow the heater hoses. IIRC, the monovalve o your car will be on the firewall, near the engine's valve cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts