Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why is my recently and extensively (and mysteriously) services 06 CDI now blowing black smoke *and* getting great mileage???
Presented this car to dealer w/CEL and random stalling. After multiple changing diagnoses was returned *18* days and multi-thousands later w/new problems -- rough idle and some smoke. Drove it a week and returned it -- same deal; 21 days w/dealer repair and multi-diagnoses (and over $1000 more), and still not really running right. Now producing serious exhaust on a firm acceleration and getting 55 mpg (40 or so was my previous best).

Am I crazy to wonder if MB is stealthily removing sketchy emission controls (a la VW) when they get one in the shop? Anybody else seen anything like this?

I'm no mechanic but also not a newbie -- my 3rd MB diesel, all ran for me 12 or so years into the 100,000s miles; a customer of the dealership (under previous owners) more than 20 years...so

·
Administrator
873 Posts
Why is my recently and extensively (and mysteriously) services 06 CDI now blowing black smoke *and* getting great mileage???
Presented this car to dealer w/CEL and random stalling. After multiple changing diagnoses was returned *18* days and multi-thousands later w/new problems -- rough idle and some smoke. Drove it a week and returned it -- same deal; 21 days w/dealer repair and multi-diagnoses (and over $1000 more), and still not really running right. Now producing serious exhaust on a firm acceleration and getting 55 mpg (40 or so was my previous best).

Am I crazy to wonder if MB is stealthily removing sketchy emission controls (a la VW) when they get one in the shop? Anybody else seen anything like this?

I'm no mechanic but also not a newbie -- my 3rd MB diesel, all ran for me 12 or so years into the 100,000s miles; a customer of the dealership (under previous owners) more than 20 years...so
It would help if you could complete your user profile with your car model and location!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts