Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My car difficulty driving uphill, there is a humming noise if I try to accelerate. It struggles to reach 40 to 60km/hr. I notice engine could be engine harness issue. How to remove the 3 pair of wires going into the engine?

Rgds

Attachments

·
Registered
678 Posts
Does that mean you were able to pull the harness out? R&R'ing an engine harness is simply something you just have to do one step at a time. It's also very tough to figure out exactly what harness you need. I can't really remember where the two main harnesses off the HFM module actually go.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

I'm still having difficulty removing the final 2 or 3 connectors which goes down beneath the engine. Hope some one can give me direction. That pic is what I found at the www whihc looks very identical to mine.

Good if i can get a part number or rebuilt the wires but where to source the connectors. From Singapore?

·
Registered
678 Posts
You can usually get the part numbers off the connectors themselves and get them straight from the dealership for a few bucks each.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you please confirm from the russion website which of the 3 is my wire harness?
I may be able to pinpoint from that diagram the part numbers for the brittle plastic connectors.

Some say to get to the wires leading to the coil packs being the most difficult, do I need to put the car on the hoist or I need to go beneath the vehicle to rech those difficult to reach connectors?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts