Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come across Clear European Style Tail Lights. If so, where? and do you have a pic to share? Thanks!
-jt

·
Registered
127 Posts
European Style? I don't think I've ever seen these on anything that wasn't Japanese. Personal I don't see why you would want to make your beautifully engineered and finely crafted German vehicle look like a rice burner. Why not 12" wheels and neon lights too. :lol:

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
craniusmaximus said:
European Style? I don't think I've ever seen these on anything that wasn't Japanese. Personal I don't see why you would want to make your beautifully engineered and finely crafted German vehicle look like a rice burner. Why not 12" wheels and neon lights too. :lol:
BMW puts that crap on 3xx ti hatchbacks.

·
Registered
127 Posts
They don't even make the 318ti anymore, maybe it was the "Europen Tail lights" that killed it, and not the hatchback. :twisted:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Personally, I like the look that certain tail-lights of that type give a car. I was looking for some help in locating such a product, not a smart ass remark from someone who has nothing better to do than invalidate the taste of others in their own personal venture for auto customization.

I will be acquiring 18" wheels, as a matter of fact. Hopefully Brabus Monoblock come the season for tax return.

As for Neon under body kits, I never really liked that look. Kind of immature... sounds like something that would match your character.

If you don't have any useful input to provide just keep your mouth shut.

-JT

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry there JasonTrux, I didn't mean to offend. Just that I'm a bit practical and feel that if your going to dump some money into your car you should get some functional improvement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm with you Jasontrux! I love everything about my car with the exception of those PINK tailights. I too have been searching for a clear or smoked type lens. If it puts a smile on my face...it's "functional". Let me know if you hear of anything.

·
Registered
5 Posts
JasonTrux said:
Personally, I like the look that certain tail-lights of that type give a car. I was looking for some help in locating such a product, not a smart ass remark from someone who has nothing better to do than invalidate the taste of others in their own personal venture for auto customization.
Unfortunately, if youre into that sort of stuff, you bought the wrong kind of car.

I don't care for the 'me too' look of the chromey cheap altezza lights...but I do like the compound lights of say the Opel Speedster, or even the BMW hatch. There's no cheesy looking chrome surround, flat lenses, and hastily contructed dummy lenses to fill where a light bar used to go. On the Speedster, the lenses are housed in projector assemblies, which looks cleaner and more functional.

What would be original, is to develop a tail light that incorporates the glassed over look of the upper portion(where the brake lights are) into the lower portion, wich has the red ribbing now. Keeping it black would also better integrate it into the rear of the Coupe.

I love everything about my car with the exception of those PINK tailights.
Are you sure youre not driving a late model Accord :lol: , those are the only Pink tailights I know of. Mine are deep red.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts