Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excessive BLUE smoke, but only on some days. Today was one of them. Love the car (82 300SD), but this makes me want to park it. I've done it all - air filter, checked the timing, valve adjustment, use an additive always, change the oil every 3k, use quality b20, etc, etc. It won't do it for weeks, then it's bad for a day, maybe two, then it's okay again. All valve guides and seals were replaced 70k ago with valve job. I've decided the turbo needs to be rebuilt - or at least, that's what I see as the next thing to try - car and turbo have 253k on them. Does anyone know were I can send one (I have an extra) to get rebuilt? Thanks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yeah, i got the same car, sorta had the same problem when i first bought it. i have been using the powerservice cetane boost on almost every fill up, usually the stuff in the gray bottle. It has greatly stopped the smoking to almost if not anything. Put around 1/2 of the small bottle in at a time, more=better It should help

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply. I've been using the same additive, but not at that dosage. I've since found turbo rebuild kits on the web and will be rebuilding it in about a month. Because the problem is intermittent, I think I'm on to something. I'll post if the fix solves the problem, but it'll be a while - a month before I rebuild, and then a few weeks to see if the problem reoccurrs. Anybody have any recomendations as to who I should buy the rebuild kit from? Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts