Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you are looking for service and help, keep looking. I have been dealing with many Mercedes dealrships for the past 7 years; Sovereign NY(purchase/service), Manhatten NYC (service), Ray Catena NJ (purchase/service) and Contemporary NJ .

Sovereign has proved to be the worst of the four. From the sales department down to the parking attendant, and not limited to roarside assitance. I never left the dealrship without a horrific story.

For an independant dealership I would have to give the gold to Ray Catena. On one occasion they sent an employee in a loner car to Brooklyn ( 1hr each way) to pick up my car for a scheduled service.

Manhatten's service department is run like clock work, and you wont find an attitude from anyone at this dealership. Leaving your car for service is a pleasure not a 30 minute agrivating wait.

Contemporary another outstanding dealership. I left my car at 5 in the afternoon and reiceived a call the following day at 3 that my car was ready. BTW, I called at 3 to make an appointment and was asked if I could bring it in SAME day before 5! ( and not for a failed bulb)

The purpose for this post is to express stories expeirenced at the Tri-States worst MB dealership,
Sovereign Motor Cars, Ltd.
1810 Shore Parkway
Brooklyn, NY 11214
PHONE: (888) 836-4145
FAX: (718) 859-3230

I'll began with one that happened this past July:

I had to replace a wiper on my new CLK500. I went to the closest dealer, Sovereign. In the parts department I was told it would be $40 + tax, I replied "I only need one". The saleman asks which CLK I was driving, and responded "you drive a 60 thousand dollar car and your worried about 40 bucks?" . After coughing up the ransome, I proceeded to the service department where I was told they would install the new wiper. Upon arrival I was greeted by a non-english speaking employee who sounded like he was saying "you buy car here?" I noticed a service advisor and asked if he could do me a favor and put the blade in for me? His answer to me was "why dont you do it yourself?" It took this now annoyed and agrivated employee no more then 10 seconds to make the switch..

To be continued.....................................................................

04' CLK500 Black/ Stone

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bought my Coupe from Ray Catena. While I try not to use their service department, when it's been needed, I have no complaints. I would recommend them, they are very service oriented.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im here again to share another wonderful expeirence at Sovereign.

I took my car (SLK320) to The Wiz to have an XM radio installed. When I went back the installer could not get the key for the radio out. I took the car into Sovereign to have them remove it. Later that day I went to pick up my car and they were able to get it out. On my way home I noticed they had cracked the wood near the radio. I imediately called my service advisor and told her about the wood. She told me she was waiting for me to call about it. Was she hoping I wouldnt notice??
I brought the car back the next day to have the wood replaced. Looks great!! But again on my way home I notice my FM stations were coming in all staticy. I was told that it would be at least $300 for them to just look at it. I refused to so I took my car into a local customizer. The technician spent 1 hr trying to figure out the problem, and at this point was discussing purchasing a new head unit. No more apparent options left the tech desides to chech the connection to the antenna, where he finds it disconected. I was told this connection is not the type to come lose by itself and that it was done intentionaly. $50 later I have another reason to hate Sovereign.

More stories to come......................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts