Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I'm Amanda, a new member. I recently purchased a used 2002 C230 Kompressor. Still is under the original warranty (has a bit over 48,000 on it)---- but was wondering the best route by which to purchase an extended warranty.

Should I go to a Mercedes dealership and see what they have to offer? Have been perusing online ones as well, though am unsure of exactly how they work. Any information (including pricing, if possible) would be a huge help. Am looking for one that includes all (mechanical and electrical) and up to 100,000 miles. Thanks!

-A

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Amanda,

Extended warrranty is probably only available via an official MB dealer.
BTW, the regular warranty is 4yrs/50kMi, whichever comes first. In this period regular maintenance is free.
For extended warranty you can select from different coverage levels, indicated by 'bronze', 'silver', 'gold', 'platinum'. The different levels cover different packages of components. Regular service is NOT included in the extended warranty.
By coincidence we got our 2002 230Komp serviced today at 55kMi, just out of regular warranty. We got the extended warranty as well.
Go to your local MB dealer, see if they can service your car (for free!) and get the brochure 'Millenium automotive protection plan'.

Have fun with your car!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

Thank you---

Will go by a dealer today on the way home from work.

Since I have a Nav system, I definitely want something to cover that!

Already enjoying it---Prior to this, I had had the same car since I was a teenager. Lasted me all through undergrad/grad school and a bit beyond. But it is such a better commute in the mornings with the new wheels.

Much appreciated!

-Amanda

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Make sure you examine the language in the service contract that specifically refers to the NAV/infotainment systems. A lot of the lessor warranty companies will not cover these items. Anything that is not specifically included in the contract can be considered excluded.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Extended warrenty

Will go by a dealer today on the way home from work.
Would you please post the quote you get from the dealer.
My guess is that it will be an "arm & a leg". That's what they wanted when I enquired in Bethesda MD.
There is an MB dealer in CA that gives a good price. I forget where. Perhaps another board member knows.
Good luck! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Guys,

If your looking for a MB Extended Warranty then you're out of luck since it must be purchased within the first 12 months of ownwership (when the car is new). As a side note and not known by most, you can purchase it from any MB dealer since it's MB who is giving you the warranty NOT the dealer.

I have a 2004 C240 and purchased my MB Extended Warranty from Courtesy Motors in Chico, CA (I live in Puerto Rico) when the car was 11 months old. For a 3yr./100,000mi. extended warranty I paid $1,620.00 when the local dealer wanted $2,700.00.

You can however purchase third-party extended warranties but make sure you read the fine print and believe me there's going to be a lot of it. Make sure that you are well aware and accept all that is NOT covered.

Wish you lluck...

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Benzino1374 said:
Damn jlm, you got a smokin deal on the extended warranty!!! I was told that a 2yr/24,000 mile extended warranty would be $5900!!!
That is absolutely insane. $4K is about the tops I've seen for 4/100000, and that's on $100K+ cars. Whoever quoted you that should be outed publically as a scam artist.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Extended Warranty

I purchased a 2001, C320 at a Mazda dealer in San Antonio. I am glad I also purchased an extended warranty for $2,750 to cover 5 yr or 100K miles whichever occurs first.

30K service dealer identified about $1,800 worth repairs. Got it done for a $100 deductable. Will not by an MB without warranty and will not own one without a warranty. There is nothing like a quality MB any more.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts