Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 mercedes E350 4Matic
135k miles

I recently changed my spark plugs after a cylinder 2 misfire and about a week after, I get the following codes. Can anyone help me diagnose? Did I cause a short somewhere because they all seem to be electrical issues.

TIA

·
Registered
121 Posts
For 410 my guess is you touched a loose/brittle/cracked hose on the egr and now its sucking air. Or it's a false code and you're screwed but since you were in there messing around I'll go with the hose. The other stuff I don't know, but I have misc errors too and all the stuff it claims is not working is fine. OBD basically never works for me. For example I had code 400, which is similar or the same as your 410, yet there was nothing wrong. The problem with that code is it trips the eng light which means no smog check, no smog check means no registration. The fix was to git rid of the car.
So on your egr valve there should be a little vacuum hose on it, follow that to a little solenoid. Check that hose first. If it's ok check the hoses leading to it and if needed the solenoid itself. You can google how to to check it to see if the solenoid opens when it should. Then there's the egr valve itself, which has a rubber diaphragm that may be leaky. You can check that by applying vacuum to see if opens. Use eng vac or put a tube on it and suck on it. If you can't see it open you should be able to hear it via an exhaust/eng sound change in the eng compartment, which is where you will be. Suttle but usually obvious and you cycle it on/off. Lastly the egr valve or passages it uses could be clogged with carbon, which takes a long time to happen, if ever. Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts