Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased the c230 sports sedan this June and just loving it!!!!!
No problems to speak of so far (cross my fingers). Problem with
lurking in these forums is that one get's to many ideas. I really don't
want to change anything with the car but those Schatz tips keep flashing
in my mind, not really expensive, a diy install, makes the car a little different. Am I rationalizing here? I know it looks good from the rear
but it looks funny from the side. Searched the forums and most pics are with the 240 or 320. Anyone installed it on a sports sedan? Maybe that
bottom lip will alleviate the problem. Anyone have pics? Anyway I will
soon see beacuse it is on the way as I type!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I haven't seen it on a 230k sedan yet. But, I have seen them on other w203's and I don't care for them. You are right they look good from behind and nasty from other angles. My suggestion would be to save your money, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I put them on my C230 sedan and have mixed feelings. The tips definitely look better than the bent down stock exhaust tips, but don't look great either. As you said, they look great from behind, but so-so from the side. For the price, they'll do until I can save up for a better exhaust. It makes me mad that the 2004.5 came out about a month after I bought my 2004 and the exhaust looks MUCH better, not to mention the brakes and lower stance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Blake,

I agree with you this will have to do until the time is right for a new exhaust! I keep my cars for a long time anyway. I still
have a 91 Mazda and a 96 Cherokee so I have enough time to get
a proper exhaust. Or I can sell the Mazda and get one right away :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts