Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a new C230k Sport Sedan and yesterday I wanted to remove the front tag that is the dealer's advetisement tag. I removed the tag and the tag bracket and was shocked to realize that the bracket was screwed right into the front bumper, so when I remove it there are four holes in my bumper. In NC we only have license plates for the back and not the front. I can't imagine MB put this bracket on and think the dealer put the bracket on to just advertise their dealership. Does anyone know if this bracket is standard from MB or if this is something the dealer added? Thanks - Scott

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to follow-up on this topic. I took my issue to the dealer and my salesman / dealership has agreed to fix the holes in my front bumper. The dealership will have the holes filled and then the bumper will be painted and I have been told their body shop they use is the best in the area and will not be a problem matching the paint. This will cost the dealership a few hundred bucks that they could of saved by asking me if I wanted the brackets on the front bumper before I ordered the car. I guess to them, it is free advertisement because many people leave the advertisement plate on after they drive off the lot.

I still can believe MB has not come up with a better way to put on and remove front license plate brackets other than putting screws directly into the bumper. On a perfectly engineered car, this is the worst design I have seen MB come up with. :idea:

Still love my car!!! 8)

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's really disappointing

that Mercedes-Benz can invest billions in engineering such beautiful, sophisticated, precision machines and the entire experience can be ruined by morons who bear their brand who just want to screw you out of a few bucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts