Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some questions Im desperately seeking answers to. For my 1984 190E 2.3

I have changed: my fuel filter, my fuel pump, my mass air-flow sensor, and still am having problems.

The problem is: I start the car (if it stays running) and as soon as I hit the gas it will stall. If I can get the car to drive it bucks like crazy! Sometimes it will stall at an intersection and will take a few tries to restart.

HELP PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
678 Posts
I believe your car has CFI, and shouldn't have a mass air flow sensor. What did you really replace?

I'd check two things, your distributor cap and rotor, or look for any signs of fuel leaks around the fuel distributor. A common tune up with plugs and wires wouldn't hurt either. Your EGR valve could be leaking as well, or you might have a vacuum leak. Or your fuel mixture just may need tuning. There's plenty of things I guess could be wrong. If your mixture needs to be tuned, find someone that's experienced with these system. A lambda guage would be needed to do it properly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im pretty sure it was mass air flow censor... considering my repair manual told me thats what it is called... its the part directly under the air filter... however I really sincerely appreciate the list of other possibilities I do have to ask what CFI is though...

·
Registered
678 Posts
Continuous Fuel Injection. Many people even call it CSI or KE. KE I guess would be the most correct term. This system uses a fuel distributor and an airflow meter. What would be right under the aircleaner in this case is pretty much the entire assembly for CFI, airflow meter and fuel distributor in all. Now your making me curious. Any MAF sensor is easy to replace, but to replace CFI junk, it's kinda a process. Would you be able to take a pict? Cause at first thought, your car should be CFI, I even double checked a manual, and I'm leading towards all 2.3 190E's, minus 16 valve, are CFI.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts