Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,

I have a vehicle Mercedes-Benz model C280 Sport (gasoline) and I am having the following problem:

Always when I am with approximately 1/4 of the tank, I have dry breakdown, in other words, the car fails, but when I put 1 or 2 liters, he works until burning him/it put and it fails again.

Like this, I went until my mechanic and we measured the fuel pump, she presented to be normal, when verifying the two fuel sending unit of the it hits, they are also normal, but even so I am with gasoline on a side of the tank and of the other no.

What can that be? how can I solve?

·
Registered
18 Posts
fuel problem

202 Chassis C-classes are prone to fuel level sensor failures. In other words you think you have a 1/4 tank when it is actually bone dry. Your vehicle has two sensors (one for each half of the tank). They are replaced in pairs however there are special tools required to do so. Hope this info sets you in the right direction for repair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Help-me

Friends,
Once again I need his/her help, because I still didn't get to solve the problem of fuel of my C280.

I summarize of the problem:

Whenever the vehicle reaches 1/4 of fuel in the tank, it suffers a breakdown and the car doesn't work more.
In case it insists on the start, he still catches an or twice, he/she walks 1km approximately and later it doesn't diffuse more.
When emptying the tank, I noticed that the gasoline is whole beside the passenger, same side that the bomb pulls the fuel, but even so he only works if it puts more than 1/4 of the gasoline.

Verified:
- I went to the mechanic and we measured the pressure of the bomb of fuel, it measured among 4,5 to 5kg of force (I believe that normal);
- We verified the two fuel level sending. includes with pump, and both are perfect, besides transferring the fuel to and fro;
- No hose is obstructed;
- Did we notice that it exists to the bottom of the tank beside the passenger another reservoir, but didn't we get to reach him/it, what does have for there? would the suction of fuel the gasoline be?

Help:
Could anybody explain how step works the step the system of the tank of fuel of that car? What will be that it is happening?

Please, I need a help.

Mercedes-Benz C280 95 WDBHA28W9SF224113

Thank you.
Carlos Eduardo from Brazil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts