Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 C240: A penny was dropped into my cigarette lighter thing and when I tried to get it out with a pen it sparked and appears to not function now. I have no fuse diagram and am unable to locate the fuse. Does anyone know where I can find this fuse in the car? Thanks!

·
Registered
678 Posts
It's in the engine compartment on the driver's side near the firewall. This is the Front SAM, where some of the fuses on the car are. It should be fuse 47 in the front of the unit, usually under the engine harness.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I pulled some fuses out in the trunk and the compartment on the left side of the steering column inside the door to check if there were good or not and now the SRS light is coming on. Does this need a reset or is it unrelated?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Yeah, whatever SRS code you set will probably have to be cleared with a scan tool. You should be able to use a universal OBD II scan tool to clear it. Either that or take it into a shop and have it cleared (most likely for a charge). The warning may eventually go away, but if the SRS warning is on, your SRS system isn't going to work if you happen to get in an accident.

Did you find your lighter fuse? Fuse 47?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, you were right on the money. Many thanks again. I'm hoping they will give me a fuse chart at the dealer one day. I took one fuse out in the trunk somewhere between 12-16 and not sure which one it was. I haven't found anything that doesnt work yet so who knows. I'm just glad i can charge my phone again while i drive. The SRS is still got the warning light but maybe it will go away. I think I have one of those tools for my BMW that might clear it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took it into the shop and it just needed to be reset. So for $67 they were nice enough to do it for me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts