Benz Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Way back when I had a '76 240 (grey market--gas engine, rollup windows, etc.) and my wife is informing me that we'll be getting rid of my van in the near future to trade it in for a nice little Ranger for her...which will leave me driving her Geo Metro. However, she understands that I despise it, and she's not adverse to the idea of me getting something else, so as to spare me the indignity of driving a Metro.

In the part of FL where I am, E-Class (190's mostly) can be had for fire sale prices...there's also a large number of BMW's available as well, mainly 3 and 5 class cars. However, I'd much prefer a nice older Benz (late '80's, early 90's) to tinker with and enjoy.

I don't know a lot about MB in general, so I was hoping I could find some advice on what to look for as I start shopping. I'll mainly be looking at 190 and 260 E-Class cars, but I'm open to suggestion. Given the budget I'll be working with, most of the cars are going to be higher mileage cars...at what point to do I snub a car for mileage? What commonly goes wrong with these cars? What do I look for when I'm looking at a particular car?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts