Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes mine works fine. Are you following the steps exactly in the manual? If you have a rolling code garage opener then you have to perform a second procedure that has you press a button on the opener itself.

You can go to www.homelink.com and they have more detailed instructions or possibly a help line to call.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I havent been able to get mine to work either. I followed the instructions exactly and tried about 6 times. Let me know what you find out, if anything.

·
Registered
37 Posts
bccasu1 said:
I havent been able to get mine to work either. I followed the instructions exactly and tried about 6 times. Let me know what you find out, if anything.
FWIW, when I followed the directions, it didn't work. When they said to hold down the button for a "few" seconds, it actually took about 12-14 seconds for it to connect. Once it did, though, it worked fabulously and from a much greater distance than my old one did!

Best of luck.

Tim
8)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I hope this helps. I just finally after 2 months got my garage and gate into my condominium community working. The website above and the book work together when I read this post.

1. first since this is your first attempt at programming you press and hold the 2 outer buttons (1,3) for 20 seconds (more like 40) or until the light blinks then turns off on it's own. This erases the factory pre-set codes and is ready to start learning your codes.

2. Then you press and hold any one of the buttons by itself (at least 20 seconds) until it starts blinking slowly then you press the garage/gate opener and hold it while still holding the mirror button, the light will then speed up and disappear. This should program fine on a non rolling code.

2. If you do have a rolling code opener, you then press garage opener main panel learning button and that thing blinks for 20+ seconds, then you press the button you first tried out on step 2, then watch it blink, then blink rapidly and turn off. Hopefully that's it.

I hope I explained it ok or let me know if you need further clarification in one or more areas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts