Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to add gas to my tank, the nozzle clicks right off as though it was full. I've tried several different pumps, as well as several different stations, just to make sure that the nozzles weren't the culprit. I know that my gas gauge is working, because I was able to add around 1.5 gallons and it moved up the appropriate amount. I also religiously reset my trip odometer every time I fill up, and I still have over 300 miles on it. The car is a 2000 C230 Kompressor. Anyone have any ideas? I'd hate to have to spend a couple of thousand at a dealer for a new tank.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
That's got to be inspected. I haven't had this problem occur on any car I've ever seen. Anything relating to the fuel system is a safety issue. The chances that it is a dangerous condition are very slim, but I would recommend having it checked out as soon as time allows.

·
Registered
28 Posts
gas filler problem

I was told this is a common problem on the 202 body style. I replaced my expansion chamber above the right wheel well liner to repair the problem.
I was told if people try to top off tank the liquid fuel goes into the expansion chamber not allowing air flow in and out of chamber. Make sure to blow lines out with air before connecting. The new unit only lists for less than $100

·
Registered
28 Posts
which part

did you replace the expansion chamber above the r/wheel well or the cannister above the l/r wheel well?? I have new problems related to the gas fill, now I have evap leak codes I assume to be the charcoal cannister which is more like $200 for the part I think??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts