Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol:
I just returned from a 2000 mile trip to Northern Quebec to see the whales return to the St. Lawerence .
Glorious!
I was amazed while cruising down US 87 to see the my Janus Joplin Sunshine Express C 230 K was getting 39.9 mpg!
How you like dem apples?

·
Registered
28 Posts
On a average around town aka city driving I get 23-25 miles per gallon. ON the highway around 30 MPG at times. Your mpg seems very high.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My best tank of gas was 34.1 mpg, and that was all highway driving, but at 70-85mpg (15 over the whole way)!

Just did a trip at 32.8, at 80-85, with the air conditioning running!

Around town I'm averaging 26-27mpg for a tank.

I'm very pleasantly surprised with the mileage.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have 13,000 miles on mine and do mostly highway commuting. I get between 28.5 - 31 routinely. If I get bogged down in traffic that takes its toll and shaves a couple of points off of a tank. My previous car was a Jetta TDI , so I'm a bit spoiled - but still impressed with the mileage. The biggest factor (aside from sitting in traffic) is temperature. Cold winter temps will lessen your fuel efficiency dramatically. I was getting about 26 in the winter.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gas milage

:roll:
I must admit that I was cruising down US87 between Albany & NYC which is on a downward slope a lot of the way.
Still, it was more then I dreamed would be possible in a MB.
Thanx for the feed back.
Now to clear the bugs out of the three pointed star!
Zada

1 - 6 of 6 Posts