Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accidental spill of water into gear shift selector of my E320 - Vehicle won't display gear selection/shift from park to drive. Dealer diagnosed on SDS tester & replaced floor shift assembly for about $1000. As I was waiting to pick up vehicle at dealership, lot attendant could not drive car past 2nd gear. They tell me they have to retest on SDS as new part may not be communicating with on board computer in engine or may have do some electronic resetting. What could be the problem? My bottle of water turned out to be very expensive.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
I didn't have time to get to this earlier, but here goes. This aggravates me for a number of reasons. One, the tech should have double checked their work and verified that the problem was indeed fixed before turning in his work. This is unacceptable. There needs to be a much higher level of quality control, especially at a dealership. I would personally not pay another cent towards diagnosis (and I work for a dealer). Also, as a side note, what the hell would a porter be doing in a parking lot that would necessitate the vehicle shifting out of second gear?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts