Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading the listing about the "race" with the "RAM" which reminded me of a recent incident which I thought I'd share.

I travel from OH to MI weekly in my '98 E300. When in Maumee, OH, I was going to take a right turn onto the on-ramp of HWY23 North when a "cool dude" made an illegal left turn from the oncoming lane, trying to beat me to the on-ramp. I hesitated and slightly pulled off the road as I knew he was coming around fast when I decided,... "the heck with this idiot" and swerved back into the on-ramp and punched it!

I had a great laugh looking in my review mirror to see a beautiful Diesel cloud of black SMOKE engulfing him. He road all the way to the HWY in my black cloud whereby he did pass me,..gave me the finger...then sped away.

It's times like these that make me thankful I chose a diesel over gas.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey, great story. You can beat the guy out AND engulf him in your natural particulate wake. :D

*PS, but the truck was a Dodge Dakota not a Ram.:)

When you own a 4-cylinder OM616 powered MB, you can smoke anybody who rides your tail and not have to worry about pulling away too fast. I should probably slate one of this on my list for the future as nice 240D's can be had for cheap: Good city beater.

An E300 diesel turbo or non-turbocharged is still a little too pricey for my account.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts