Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if 1998 ML320 came pre-wired for the OEM type GPS system. I saw Mercedes GPS units on ebay and wondering if I can instal it myself. My car came with a radio/tape unit and 6-CD changer in the back. Please advice.

Thanks.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I want to say if your ML came equipped with an MCS unit intead of a standard radio, that it is prewired for NAV. If it just came with the radio as you described, I believe you'll have to buy an MCS unit, with Nav drive is it isn't already installed, install an antenna and wire it. And also get a new trim panel around the radio. Your radio shouldn't be D2B, so I'm actually kinda thinking a factory MCS will not work in your vehicle, but I'm not totally sure.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Your model had the afterthought dash mounted GPS unit. The MCS will not work on your vehicle without massive (read costly) modifications. Best to look for a handheld unit if GPS is a must.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you all for your reply. After doing some more research I realized that aftermarket unit is the only way to go in my situation.

Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts