Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok as lynn knows I got the new crank pulley. I had a local shop install it. after approx 3miles I heard a funny sound at high rpms. then the altenator light came on. after some inspection I found a grenaded altenator (windings outside the case). any cheap replacements out there I have the bosch voltage reg so I think it is the bosch version altenator.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Even if you were able to source a cheap alternator, I imagine we would see a post from you in the near future along the lines of:
"anyone know where I can find a good price on an OEM alternator?"

Buy the right one and fix it right the first time. You will save money in the long run. Good luck.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Parts

You can look up the correct OEM alternator for your car on our online parts catalog at the link below or the "Parts" button at the top of the page. When you purchase parts from importpartsonline.com you are supporting this forum.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeh, it was. as far as I can see. the key way was alighned and the pulley slipped right on. the rear altenator fan fell apart somehow. I am going to pull apart the altenator and check it out. I have since had the used altenator installed 500 miles ago(one day) and it looks great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts