Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to see if the whole hands free communictation is worth it for my '03 c230 sports sedan. Is Mortorola the only phone that this works with? And can this be done aftermarket by anyone cheaper out there?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Actually, if you know where to buy, you can use a range of Nokia GSM phones. Later this year there will be a universal phone kit available from MB.

If you are interested in the Nokia option, contact Steve Krabbenborg at [email protected]

There are threads about installing the Nokia at mbworld.org and benzworld.org

·
Registered
5 Posts
M-B branded Motorola V60

I've had a bad experience with my M-B branded Motorola V60 handsfree phone system. After spending over $1600. for it I had an immediate issue with the handset. When using the phone out of the car, which is most of the time since I'm only in the car about 2 out of 24 hours a day, the display and keypad backlight would not stay on. Without the backlight on it is impossible to see the keys and display in the evening or dim light situations such as a restaurant. The dealership contacted MBUSA and they refused to support it. I contacted Motorola and they have confirmed that there was an issue with that series of phone which has now been corrected. They reminded me the phone had a one year warranty, however the warranty is not honored with the consumer but rather with MBUSA. MBUSA refuses to replace the phone or sent it into Motorola for evaluation even though it's under the Motorola warranty and M-B warranty (My car is a 2003). I'm now in in the process of detailing all the facts to take the issue to court. My advice is to sure whatever handsfree phone you end up installing be sure the supplier will support it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hands Free is worth it

I did not like paying for it but now thta I have it I cannot imagine ever being without it. I have a 02' C320 and it works like a charm. The voice activated calls do not work when I have a cold, so I also have the number in my phone for easy retrieval on the stearing wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts