Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I work in IT and I have 3 MB so far. My first was a 97 C230 black. Drove that car for 150k than sold it. The second was an 2001 ML320 silver, the kids loved it but it was a money pit, everything imaginable was replaced on that vehicle and some twice, never again. The third and my present car is a 2003 C320 desert silver (gold really). So far it has been a reliable car but there are some quirks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 2 MBZ. 1982 300D and 1995 E300D. The 1982 has about 220,000 miles and runs like new. The 1995 E300d has 180,000 miles . the only think so far I replaced the water pump ,glow plugs , brakes ,tires and the diode (or transistor) that controls the speed of the blower motor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

Now on my third Merc. - my wife on her first.

I had company cars (C220D from '92-6 and E220cdi Avantgarde from '97 -'01).

Now own late 2002 E320 cdi Avantgarde Select Estate with 168k miles which I 'Superchipped' last month. Really noticable uplift in torque (70Nm?) whilst I suspect the speedo reported improvement in mpg is not genuine when checking distance travelled on a full tank!! I frequently drive at an average of over 70 mph in 1,000 mile round trip to see 2 of my kids in Scotland.

Car generally realiable - although I am tolerating a powertrain vibration issue at approx 3,000 rpm (most noticeable when climbing motorway hills in 5th / cruise control on) which I reduce by manually knocking down to 4th. My independant MB mechanic has changed the engine & gearbox mounts and rotated the wheels etc - but this has not helped. I believe the straight six is used (abused) in London ambulances - and the problem occurs in these with a worn gearbox main drive bearing losing true prop alignment????? Many of you will probably know more.

Additionally I have an Harman Kardon iPod installation which was a great alternative to getting my CD changer fixed!! Recently connected to Comand 2.0 Aux socket in glovebox - but get engine RPM related interference. FM transmitter option used instead normally interference free.

My wife has 2000 CLk 230K cabr. - only 70k miles and mainly crawling in London traffic.

Anyway - late joiner but looking forward to future chats!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts