Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
Problem I am having is with my 2000 S430.
Recently, the car went into dealership to get repaired (actually to get replaced) on shocks and suspension. Since then I have this problem.
When driving, I can tell that this car vibrates (shakes). I didn't have this problem before (before the car went into dealership). It doesn't virabte (shake) bad enough where you can't drive but still.....
Also, car shakes (vibrates) when the brake is applied. What irritates me about this situation is that, this car went into dealership (before the one which replaced shocks and suspension) to repair that problem. I am still having that problem. I really don't know much about the car. And I really can't trust dealership either.

Can any one of you experts help me out here and tell me what are possible causes to this problem?

P.S.: Also I have this one problem. Ever since the car came back from dealership, whenever I push brake, I hear "click-click" sound from transmission. Never had this problem before. Is this problem minor that should not be worried or do I need to get this repaired?
P.S.2: I also have this one problem. When I turn on the car, sometimes, the COMAND screen won't come on. But I can tell that audio system is on since I can hear the radio/CD. Can this problem be solved easily?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
the vibration problem probably has to do with your tires being worn or out of balance. before your suspenion failed and had to be replaced, it was worn and maybe did not transmit as much of the road feel do to its lack of tightness. it is also very possible that your brake rotors are warped, which will definately cause a vibration and a pulsation feeling in the brake pedal itself. as for the problem not existing before it went in to the dealer, that is for you and your dealer to decide. oftentimes when one complaint is repaired, others will become more apparent do to an intrinsic change in the drivability of the vehicle (especially in the case of suspension/tire repairs/replacement). i don't know the whole story nor have i inspected the vehicle, so it is impossible to give you any concrete answers. i would however suggest that you make and appointment to return to the dealership to have your concerns addressed by your technician. a word of advise, be pleasent and try not to be accusatory to your service advisor. while it is possible sometihing was not tightened properly or there was an oversight in the repair, it is equally possible that these complaints had only become more apparent but did exist prior to the repair. a good advisor, when spoken to in that "golden rule" manner will go to bat for the client more often than not. if you don't trust your dealer, try another, although revisiting the original at least once is advisable as they are legally obligated to correct oversights on their part (with the repair that was performed). oftentimes in my industry there is a mentality amongst the clientale that can only be related to having a tooth pulled and then going back to the dentist saying now your ankle is sprained. what dealership do you go to (i may know some one there)? regardless, i hope this situation is rectified quickly and correctly for you, as i understand how much of an inconvenience it can be to have to go back and forth to the dealership for what is percieved as the same problem. as for your transmission clicking with the brake, this is not something i have heard of in my many years with MB. definately have that attended to, and if the technician is unable to duplicate the complaint, go for a drive with the shop foreman to verify its existence and general area fo emination. and finally, for your COMMAND woes, you may have an old part as there was an updated unit released to correct a black screen. you may try pulling the fuse to reset the unit (this was more prevalent on the 163's MCS unit). if you are under warranty, definately have this checked out. again, without seeing the vehicle or it fault memory it is difficult to tell. let me know how it turns out. in the future, i will normally respond a bit quicker if you post in the S class forum as i do ont always have time to check all the other forums in this site. best wishes for the health and well being of your 220.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts