Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 E320 witha check engine light constantly on.

I have replaced the two Oxygen Sensors closest to the engine with new Bosch.

The check engine light keeps coming back on.

I pulled the codes yesterday. I had three codes P00150, P00170 and P00173.

Can anyone help. I think the P00150 is for the sensor closest to the engine on the even bank (Bank 2). I just replaced it.

I was told the 170 and 173 are fuel trim right and left.

Any help would be appreciated.

Keith Maxwell

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
an airmass sensor will most likely correct your self adaptation codes (very common problem). you may require another O2 sensor as well from the readouts you have. you would benefit from having the codes erased and the engine's self adaptation values reset after the replacement of your parts. also, resetting the trans adaptations is often helpful, depending on how long your engine adaptations have been close to or out of spec. sometimes i will see cars have eradtic shifting behavior for a period of time after the replacement if this s not corrected as well. very easy to do provided you have the proper equiptment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the quick response. Is there an easy way to test the O2 Sencor? I just put it in a week ago. I can't believe it is bad.

Also is there a way to test the MAF?

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
the way we test O2's to be certain is to observe their actual values reading with the aid of our computer diagnostic equiptment. if you have over 75000mi. it is probably bad or on its way out. literally 99.9% of all self adaptation codes are caused by a faulty air mass sensor. if this has been out of spec for any extended period of time, it could have caused a rich mixture and fouled out your O2 sensors (pretty common when these check engine lights aren't attended to immediately). i would recommend replacing the air mass and clearing the codes. if your light comes back, its time for another O2 sensor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts