Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having a problem- for whatever reason, on any given occaison without warning upon making a L or Rt turn the car shuts down, it then needs to stop be placed in park and usually restarts immediately- I have been to the dealer 3 times in the past 9 months for this problem, one time all the sensors went haywire, the dorrs would not close the trunk would not self lock and the windows dont seal- they were able to fix this and somehow the problem went away- was driving this past weekend and I noticed the same noise coming from an unsealed window- about 4 days later the car "shut down"-

WTH is this? any cues clues would be appreciated-

21K miles on odometer

byron Question

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still no word from MB corporate or Dealership- car has been

been in shop for 2+ months now and still no answer to problem :evil:

·
Registered
5 Posts
04CL600 said:
I've been having a problem- for whatever reason, on any given occaison without warning upon making a L or Rt turn the car shuts down, it then needs to stop be placed in park and usually restarts immediately- I have been to the dealer 3 times in the past 9 months for this problem, one time all the sensors went haywire, the dorrs would not close the trunk would not self lock and the windows dont seal- they were able to fix this and somehow the problem went away- was driving this past weekend and I noticed the same noise coming from an unsealed window- about 4 days later the car "shut down"-

21K miles on odometer

byron Question
You have to check the ground connector. (the one closest to the computer) And for turning L and R and the car shuts down you have to check the wiring system for the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
superpipo said:
04CL600 said:

21K miles on odometer

byron Question
You have to check the ground connector. (the one closest to the computer) And for turning L and R and the car shuts down you have to check the wiring system for the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)

I woul;d like to try that but the dealer has the CAR and I'm 100+ miles away and after going on 3 months there with coporate involved they should've had this sorted out already-

the lie I was told some 6 weeks ago was they were waiting on a "software patch" that was supposed to arrive in about 3 weeks, WTF, they could've overnighted that disc, anyways, that was well over 3 weeeks ago when it was due- now they say they still have not fixed it-

suit has already been filed we have LEMON law in Missouri

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
1-800-875-3666

Some sleazy lemon law attornies. They are the best of the best though. You want results, get these guys on your side.

·
Registered
1 Posts
04CL600 said:

21K miles on odometer

byron Question

I just mention this since it might be somehow related.
I have had sensors / door closing / windows etc go haywire in the past and initially it seemed linked to the steering, since moving the column would result in certain things working again..... it turned out some mold had got into the bundle of wires under the fuse box in the engine bay. Cleaning this up sorted things out. The cause was some of the drainage channels blocking - in other words, the movement of the steering colum / movement of the car might have been causing the water/moisture to shift around where the wires were...

Hope that helps, good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts