Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new here but I'm trying to get some help with my 1994 S500. I never realized how much of a pain it is to keep these cars running until everything just decided to go poop all at once. Any help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

First thing is the dreaded ASR. I searched the forums and realized there are limitless threads on this already. I wish I found these forums before buying the car back then.

Anyhow, the minor question I had is if anyone knew how to locate the radiator and radiator cap on this vehicle. I see the overflow tank but as hard as I look, I just can't locate the darn radiator cap. Anyone have any idea? I'm hoping I'm not crazy and it just doesn't exist. Thanks again!

Paul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh ok. I knew I searched pretty hard for it and it couldn't have existed. Hmm...wouldn't that make it hard for someone to flush the radiator or whatnot. Again, I'm not a mechanic or anything near it so I apologize if i sound somewhat ignorant heh.

Anyhow, I found the radiator leaking today and was toying with the idea of using a stop-leak type product to hold me over until Monday when i can drop the car off at the shop to replace the radiator. It's my only car so I'm somewhat in a bind when it can't function.

·
Registered
678 Posts
EEK, Stop leak in many cases, though seems to work to stop leaks, can eventually cause other leaks, and/or totally make a mess of your cooling system. I would do whatever I could to live with it until Monday! If it's a small leak, just top it off and don't worry about it. If it's a heavy leak, try to find something else to drive, Bus maybe?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts