Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... I thought I had this whole trunk thing figured out, but I guess not. I cannot open it now. I know it has something to do with the locks. The last time I got it open I had to turn it 1/4 counter-clockwise and then lock the doors. Now that doesnt seem to be working. Anyone know how this is supposed to work? 1984 300SD

·
Registered
584 Posts
Just a guess but...

The trunk is supposed to lock and unlock with the doos, though I think you can also lock t separately as well. If that is the case, then you need to be sure to use the main key on it and not the mechanics's/valet key.

If htat does not work, then you might be using the wrong combination of swear words. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, I think you are right about the wrong words... I guess my car is backward, because the only time I have been able to get it open is when I lock the doors, which didn't make much sense to me. I got it open again yesterday. The last week or so has been very cold and my locks kept freezing up, so I was trying to open the trunk by locking the doors from the inside, but I guess I have to actually lock them with the key (???) or maybe I just finally used the right combination of swear words. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts