Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a '86 420SEL, and the real brakes locked-up three times. Each time was after some time driving and applied brakes, then suddenly felt gas pedal heavy, with full throttle only 20 mph, then after brake to stop, the rotors were red-hot like burning coal, and it would not move, though engine started normal. But after a while, about 30 minutes to one hour, everything normal again. I let a experienced mechanic checked for two days, he said he drove it for hours and couldn't found anything. So I drove home. and next time I drove for only 10 minutes, it happened again. Just applied brake to stop, then started move and felt couldn't move up with full gas and when brake to full stop, it wouldn't move at all.

The mechanic said it might be the master cylinder couldn't release the pressure and kept the pad at braking, but I noticed the light didn't stay on. And my master cylinder looked pretty new. After checking, I found the master cylinder went to ABS cylinder, and I found ABS can hold the pressure for brake. I need help, is anyone have this kind of experience before? Any help welcome. :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts