Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please help me with this silly problem? I just bought a 99 E320 and after the recent rain here in CA, the passenger side headlight and driving light have water inside. There is heavy condensation and fogging on the inside of the lense causing the light to be very foggy. Is this a common problem with an easy fix? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Pete

·
Registered
453 Posts
E320 headlight lens

Hi Pete a/k/a bueller60 and welcome to BenzForum. You might want to check to make sure that you do not have a crack in the lens or the body of the headlight assembly. Water is getting into the lens from somewhere. If you do not find a crack it may be that the seal between the lens and the body (assembly) is the source of the leak. If you take it to the dealer it is likely they will try to sell you the entire headlight assembly. I don't think that the seal is sold as an individual item. Our parts business associated with BenzForum does offer the headlight lens (which includes the seal) as an individual item. As far as I know, we are the only parts business offering this item on the internet and eBay. If you check with other internet parts sources they only list the entire headlight assembly. We have saved our customers a lot of money by just selling what they need, a new headlight lens, not the entire assembly. If you are interested you can send us an email at the address below.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have some stone chips and cracks on the Euro style lenses of my 1986 300E. Any chance on getting those lenses without having to buy the whole assembly? Thanks.

BTW. Sometime next year I'm planing to replace my hood and grille with a E320 version, so I'll need to replace head lamp lenses anyway, just wondering what the price on those E320 lenses are too. I know they will fit my present Euro lamps.

If possible please quote inc. shipping to zip code 33166.

Alex

·
Registered
22 Posts
TRY LOOKING UNDER THE HOOD. THEIR IS A PLASTIC COVER THAT
COVERS THE HEADLIGHT BUB AND RUNNING LAMP.
#1 ENSURE THE COVER IS PRESENT
#2 ENSURE THAT THE SEAL FOR THE COVER IS THIER, BLACK SEAL ARO
UND PLASTIC TRIM

1 - 4 of 4 Posts